Hi,
Actually i dont think it is about hardware or driver because i did a project
similar to this with this hardware and it is still working on my computer.
it returns true on "isVertexBufferObjectSupported()" but this project was
made in like osg ~1.6. The function on Geometry was "virtual void
drawImplementation(State& state) const;" on osg1.6 but now it is "virtual
void drawImplementation(RenderInfo& renderInfo) const;" on 2.8

so do you think there could be other reasons?

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 5:52 PM, Robert Osfield <robert.osfi...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Ufuk,
>
> The OSG checks for support of extensions such as vertex buffer
> objects, and will osg::State is one class that does this, so if you
> are isVertexBufferObjectSupported() is returning false.... then....
> wait for it.... there is very good chance that your OpenGL
> driver/hardware doesn't support vertex buffer objects.
>
> Robert.
>
> On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 3:45 PM, Ufuk <ufuk....@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > i am trying to make a terrain editor.
> > here i wanted to implement my own drawImplementation of geometry but i
> could
> > not get manage.
> > i always get state.isVertexBufferObjectSupported() as false... when i
> ignore
> > this false, i got another problems..
> > i think my problem is this isVertexBufferObjectSupported().
> > i want to know that what makes it true or false. what should i do to get
> it
> > as true???
> > --
> > Ufuk