Hi Neil,

This will be a driver dependent issue, the driver/OS managing graphics
contexts behind the scenes for you, but not doing it 100% correctly.

Personally I much prefer window managers/drivers that don't attempt to
be clever on your behalf, and just done allow such windows to be
dragged unless they are shared on the same graphics card and with the
same display properties as the tricks involved with duplicating
contexts behind the scenes is both wasteful of resources and
performance and driver complexity.

Best thing you an do is try to update your drivers.

Robert.