From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Chris
Denham
Sent: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 1:00 PM
To: osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org
Subject: Re: [osg-users] swapBuffers warning when window minimized

Bit of a late reply to this one, but just arrived at the same problem.
For me, on Windows, I also get a slew of these warnings when I move the
window off screen.
So, might be a bit fiddly to try and prevent frame update in all
situations that SwapBuffers retuns false.
I wondered if we could address this issue by only reporting the error if
GetLastError is also non zero. Works for me!
The value returned by GetLastError is zero when SwapBuffers is called
for a minimized or off screen window, so we could just add a check for
this.
Just say the word, and I'll post my modified GraphicsWindowWin32.cpp to
the submissions list. ;-) Cheers.
Chris.

e.g.

//------------- OSG- 2..8 ----------
void GraphicsWindowWin32::swapBuffersImplementation()
{
     if (!_realized) return;
     if (!::SwapBuffers(_hdc))
    {

reportErrorForScreen("GraphicsWindowWin32::swapBuffersImplementation()
 - Unable to swap display buffers", _traits->screenNum,
::GetLastError());
    }
}
//------------- Modification to remove redundant warnings ----------
void GraphicsWindowWin32::swapBuffersImplementation()
{
     if (!_realized) return;
     if (!::SwapBuffers(_hdc) && ::GetLastError() != 0)
    {