Hello François,

Nice to see you on this mailing list :-)

I can't comment for SDL or WxWidgets, it's been ages since I've compiled those at all.

But in general, manually tweaking the makefiles won't help long term, you need to find out why CMake is generating the makefiles that don't work and fix it at the source.

ffmpeg also requires a lot of manual modifications (here again #include <swscale.h>
is used instead of the correct #include <libswscale/swscale.h>).  Manual
specification of all include folders in cmake-gui allows build (strange that cmake finds
ffmpeg but does not configure the CMakeFiles correctly for actual valid OSG compile).

The Makefile should add the correct library directories, because the CMakeLists.txt for the ffmpeg plugin has these lines:

INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(
    ${FFMPEG_LIBAVFORMAT_INCLUDE_DIRS}
    ${FFMPEG_LIBAVFORMAT_INCLUDE_DIRS}/libavformat
    ${FFMPEG_LIBAVDEVICE_INCLUDE_DIRS}
    ${FFMPEG_LIBAVDEVICE_INCLUDE_DIRS}/libavdevice
    ${FFMPEG_LIBAVCODEC_INCLUDE_DIRS}
    ${FFMPEG_LIBAVCODEC_INCLUDE_DIRS}/libavcodec
    ${FFMPEG_LIBAVUTIL_INCLUDE_DIRS}
    ${FFMPEG_LIBAVUTIL_INCLUDE_DIRS}/libavcodec
)

IF(FFMPEG_LIBSWSCALE_FOUND)

    INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(
        ${FFMPEG_LIBSWSCALE_INCLUDE_DIRS}
        ${FFMPEG_LIBSWSCALE_INCLUDE_DIRS}/libswscale )

    ADD_DEFINITIONS(-DUSE_SWSCALE)

    SET(TARGET_EXTERNAL_LIBRARIES ${FFMPEG_LIBRARIES}
           ${FFMPEG_LIBSWSCALE_LIBRARIES})

ENDIF()

So you see, #include <swscale.h> should work because <ffmpeg_dir>/include/libswscale should be in your include search path.

As to why it doesn't work, I guess you'll have to investigate.

Sorry I can't help more, but hopefully I pointed you in the right direction for further investigation...

J-S