Hi Martin,

mgb_osg wrote:

> Would visitors still apply to it as with any other node in the graph - I
> don't see how that helps?

Of course they would, however nodes are not drawable things, nodes are there
just to organize the scene graph. I thought, you want to include something
non-drawable into your scene graph.

> Would they still get rendered?

No, for this case you have to derive your objects from osg::Drawable and
implement the neccessary rendering functionality.

You could even create your own geodes, which will then use your drawables in
the special way as you need.

Maybe, I didn't understood what you exactly want to achieve, however this is
the way how I always do such kind of things.

regards,
art