Hi Ulrich,

If you've taken the recent trunk checkins, then the answer is yes, there have
been some recent changes to the .zip loader. However, I had hoped that there
would be no downsides to the amendments made. Essentially, where as previously
the expansion of the .zip file was performed to the local filing system - ie
your hard disk - now the unpacking process is all done in memory.

There were some issues in getting the modification to compile on unix boxes,
but I believe Robert solved that, and another maillist member made a
modification to get it to compile on Mac's. So I thought it was all working.

One issue that may now arise, and something that Robert and I are pondering, is
where a model references a texture contained within the same zip file. At the
moment, using the in-memory unpacking, this is not supported. Essentially we
need to figure out how to use the .zip as an archive that can be interrogated
for files during a model load operation. Hopefully Robert or I will have
something on this in the near future.

Until then...you could rename the original_readnode function in the .zip plugin
to replace the new readnode (this would put you back to unpacking to the local
file system). I understand that Robert is offline for a few days with a nasty
cold/flu, but when he's back, we could look to make an amendment to provide an
options switch to control which unpacking method is used. I may submit this
anyway, and leave it to Robert to decide on acceptance.

Hope the info helps, and sorry for any inconvenience that the amendment may
have caused.

Kind regards

Neil.