Hi,

> Added the unmapped/modified key to the GUIEventAdapter is something
> we've discussed in the past.

That would allow applications to work around that OSG *bug*. But IMHO
that's clearly a bug.

> The unmodifed would have to be assigned in addition to the existing
> modified key, as just dropping the mapping would break exisiting
> applications,

The patch would properly release keys, that would otherwise remain
in (logically) stuck position. I don't see how this could break an
application. One that assumed that OSG will not report all key releases
properly? Most applications probably don't care about key releases
at all, but those that do will probably work *better* if the releases
are reliable.  ;-)

> Reading your email I could pick out exactly what you were doing, but
> it sounded like you were duplicated events which doesn't does
> appropriate as again this would break applications.

No, I don't duplicate anything. I add what OSG occasionally fails to
do. I've sent another explanation just a few minutes ago.

m.