I thought this would be easy, but 1/2 day later and I'm still stuck.

I'm using a technique similar to the osgHUD example to replace my window
background with a gradient fill. Now I want to be able to put some text
in the background too. At first, I thought I wasn't getting any text at
all, then I changed my background quad to only fill part of the screen.
Now I can see that my text is "under" the gradient background.

I've been trying things like changing the z coordinateof the text,
messing with StateSet stuff, and reordering my geodes and nothing is
working. My text always seems to get covered by the background gradient.

What settings should I be looking at? I'm really stuck on this.

Thanks,
Cory