Hi All,

Is there a way I can get a Texture to perform its preparation at construction
time, rather than when it is first required for rendering?

Essentially I'm noticing a significant lag on the first frame that requires a
Texture to be rendered. I've tracked it down to the Texture::apply() where it
checks to see if it has a textureobject for the contextID. If it doesn't, then
it goes off and does some work (I presume for sending the texture to the render
pipeline). This is done once per context per Texture. What I would like to do
is to take this hit when first constructing the Texture object, rather than
when flying in space, as it causes a significant lag in frame rate (the
simulation appears to stagger).

Does anyone have any suggestions please ?

Many thanks

Neil.