Hi Daniel

1. It is decided by the camera manipulator. Use
viewer.setCameraManipulator() to set a user-defined manipulator.
2. Use LightSouce nodes to create lights. See osglight and other examples
for details.
3. Use Switch, or setNodeMask(0) to prevent nodes from being traversed.

4. Why not?

5. I suggest viewer.computeIntersections().

And look into the osg-users archives is always good for us. :)

Wang Rui