Hi Mach,

Osgviewer isn't the best tool to look at txp databases.  Usually the
eyepoint starts too far from the terrain in combination with the
database lod settings to see anything.  If you move your eyepoint around
enough you will eventually run across terrain.

I'm not surprised you are having trouble converting txp to osg.  With a
lot of work you can probably convert txp to osg but you'll find it's not
worth the effort.