Andrew Thompson wrote:
Hi Gordon,

Thanks for your reply, I'm going to give that a go.
First check - see if its in the bounding sphere of the PAT
Second check - go for the bounding boxes of the drawables.
I guess I'll need to inverse transform my point by the PAT's matrix first?

Anyway good to know it's not too difficult,

Keep in mind that this is only an approximate solution. It's possible to be inside the bounding box, but still outside the object itself. It may be a good enough solution for your purposes, though.

Also, if you do need to get a more exact answer, you can still use this method to get close. Then, you can switch to a more fine-grained technique.

--"J"