Hi Jason,

Last time I checked (half a year ago), osggis did no create a "curved polygon" when creating a filled polygon for e.g. Russia. Since no sampling points are created inside the polygon the tessellated triangles goes straight from one edge to the other thought the ground.

It would be great news if this has been fixed i later versions of osggis! Please let me know.

// John

Jason Beverage wrote:
Hi Lipan,

You could look into using projected textures with the osgSim::OverlayNode or if you are rendering vector data such as that from an ESRI shapefile I'd recommend looking at osggis at http://www.osggis.org.

Jason