Hi

Please note that you should ask a new question by starting a new email
thread. This makes it easier for people to follow threads and maybe answer
and even find answers them selves

When you would use a draw call back, or an update call back is totality
dependent on what you're doing, are you updating or are you drawing etc. (
in a particular example it will be related to what that example is
illustrating)

I recommend that you have a read of Paul Martz quick Start guide if you have
not done so already, it should tell you about the different traversals' that
are in OSG and  the basics of a scene graph, once you have a grapes of this
then the example should make more sense and why different example use
different parts of OSG etc

See the www.osgbooks.com

__
Gordon Tomlinson