Hi,

While debugging a project today, I came to realize that 3rd party bin folder
has to be in the path. If it is not, png plugin does not load, and within
osg-using project you have no warning of this.

Tracing the execution led me to failure of LoadLibrary from Windows API. I
created a new program:

int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* argv[])
{
        HANDLE
h=LoadLibraryA("D:\\SDK\\OpenSceneGraph-2.8.2\\bin\\osgPlugins-2.8.2\\osgdb_pngd.dll");
        DWORD e=GetLastError();
        return 0;
}

In this new program, after execution of the LoadLibrary function, a dialog
appears with the following content:

---------------------------
LoadLibraryTest2.exe - Unable To Locate Component
---------------------------
This application has failed to start because libpng13d.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
OK

No such dialog appears with osg-involved project (I understand why), but also
there is no way to know what went wrong even while stepping through source code.
Adding the folder containing ibpng13d.dll to the path (D:\SDK\3rdParty\bin in
my case) resolves the issue.

I hope this might be useful for someone in the future.

Cheers,
Dženan