Hi all,

Looking for a way to use less memory with big models based on LOD, I just
tried the osgimpostor example.

I get some problem I don't understand :

First, when the camera goes far from the scene, the LOD makes its job and
call the impostor to draw the Quads, but, this action take a lot of time.
The application freeze during 5 to 20 seconds (with a little scene : 20
house instead of 25000 in the example) to show the Quads, and on each new
need to recompute the textures (each camera movement) its freezes again.
The frame rate goes from 170 to <1 ...

In this case, you understand that the impostor solution is not a all
solution.

Do I miss something ?

Here are the logs I get during the execution and the lags :

bb invalid
> bb invalid
> bb invalid
> bb invalid
> bb invalid
> bb invalid
> bb invalid
> Warning: detected OpenGL error 'mÚmoire insuffisante' after
> RenderBin::draw(,)
> RenderStage::drawInner(,) FBO status= 0x8cd5
> Warning: detected OpenGL error 'mÚmoire insuffisante' after
> RenderBin::draw(,)
> RenderStage::drawInner(,) FBO status= 0x8cd5

I tried to load a simple model, but this time it never uses impostor ...
whatever is the Threshold...

Any idea or suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Vincent.