Hi Gerwin,

Great effort! It will be interesting to look at the way the Boost wrappings behave, especially when compared to our osgswig stuff.

Yes, I think so too. Glad to see you're not seeing this as a competition, I was a bit nervous as to how you'd react since you've been doing this for a while now. (you know, some people would have said "why didn't you just use/improve osgSwig" - I've explained my preference in this matter...)

I want to stress that I started this as an experimental project. I wanted to see if I could use boost.python to wrap my own projects, and I figured if I could wrap OSG with it then I could wrap anything! :-)

As I said, I haven't yet run any performance benchmarks. I'm getting close to where I could make a real program in python, so I'll be able to do that soon I think.

We made new progress on osgswig btw, slowly but steadily we (supported by new contributors) are working our way around the MixinVector stuff. The latest svn should work with osg 2.9.5, for example.

Without any patches to OSG itself? That's great! The last I heard on osg-users you still needed to patch VecXArray to pre-MixinVector...

I might take another look at osgSwig to see what it looks like. I dislike having to learn some other syntax, but if it makes everything automatic then it's worth it...

Thanks for getting in touch,

J-S