Hi Paul,

Paul Martz schrieb:
> Thanks, not sure about a 2.8.3, but it's under consideration. Good to
> know you're interested.
>
> I understand you can build 2.8.2 against the 10.5 SDK and still run on
> Snow Leopard. My understanding is the changes to OSG for Snow Leopard
> will allow someone to build OSG against the 10.6 SDK, is that right?

Snow Leopard defaults to gcc 4.2 which is pickier than gcc 4.0 (the
default for 10.5) The patches to Atomic + ReaderWriterQt fixes these
issues with gcc 4.2.

If you switch your xcode-projects to gcc 4.0 the current 2.8.x source
builds fine for 10.4 on Snow Leopard.

These patches are needed regardless what sdk you are targetting if you
are using gcc 4.2. But they  even work for 10.5 / gcc 4.0 :)

I can add an automatic build/compile test for the 2.8.x-branch here on
my local machine, currently I am only monitoring osg-trunk and provide
fixes back to Robert if necessary. But I didn't move to 10.6 with this
machine.

cheers,
Stephan