Hi Jacob,

I can't help too much with management decisions, but I would suggest
that OSG-1.2 is less mature, less robust, less supportable and would
not recommend that any new projects adopt it as a base - OSG-2.8.x is
far more mature, debugged and far better supported, not to mention far
better feature set.  I would consider using OSG-1.2 over OSG-2.8 a
project liability, and one that you may well have to carry for a long
time going forward.

I would further add that OSG-1.2 is no longer supported by myself or
members of the community.  I haven't personally been anywhere near the
OSG-1.2 for several years.  I like most of the OSG community are
working on the OSG-2.x branch now.  If you want to use OSG-1.2 then
you are pretty well on your own w.r.t support/bug fixes.

Moving from OSG-1.2 to OSG-2.x should be straight forward and will
reduce your project risks now and going forward.

Robert.