Yeah I spent quite a bit of time playing with the UT editor way back
with the release before UT 2K3
It was crap then and I doubt it's got any better. The last UT sucked
nads. And actually so did the one
before that.

It was pretty much on a par with Valve's 'Hammer Editor' which is also
a massive ball suck,
but hey at least Valve are a success so you might be able to find some
talented level designers
who know how to use it.

And AFAIK they both share roots with the early ID toolset from Doom/Quake days.
At least ID had the excuse of being Pioneers.

Call me cynical but I don't see this as any more than a last gasp of
an irrelevant game dev. studio.

I'm still waiting for DN'em Forever.... ;)

http://www.ssTk.co.uk