I have a scene that has some primitive shapes in it created with
ShapeDrawables.  When i save the scene to a .obj file using
osgDB::writeNodeFile() the ShapeDrawables don't show up in the file, but the
floor plane i created with simple geometry does.  If i save it to a .osg file
instead, then everything is in in the file.  I get the same results if i use
osgconv to convert my .osg file into a .obj.

Note: i am viewing the exported files with osgviewer.  And i am using OSG
version 2.6.

Any clue on why this is or how to get around it?

Thanks,
-Ben