Hello Manish,

After termination of the program , I got following message in the command window :-

PixelBufferWin32::closeImplementation, wglReleasePbufferDCARB error: Invalid dev
ice context (DC) handle.

PixelBufferWin32::closeImplementation, wglDestroyPbufferARB error: Error code 32
21684230

How can I solve this problem ?

Seems to me that your video card / drivers don't support Framebuffer Objects, and when osgShadow requests an FBO render-to-texture camera, OSG falls back to using pbuffers, and the messages above would suggest that your card doesn't support those either.

What hardware are you running this on? We're using osgShadow on a wide range of video cards, from nVidia 7xxx line to the most recent GTX 2xx line.

However we know that on most laptop integrated chipsets, we disable shadows (by trying to detect if the OpenGL driver supports Framebuffer Objects, as well as Fragment and Vertex shaders) because they will either run too slow or crash as they do for you. There is currently no such detection in osgShadow itself, it's up to the application developer to implement it. So the osgShadow example will try to run the same on any system, even if the system doesn't support the basic things it needs to do its work. This seems to be the case for you, but I'd need more information to know for sure.

Hope this helps,

J-S