Hi J-S, Fred, Simon,

This topic has arisen previously on osg-submissions, and my
recommendation then was
that support for double maths through the intersection code shouldn't
be a compile option, but an runtime option, this way the ABI wouldn't
change and you could enable it when you needed it.  I still believe
this is the correct route.

As for whether it'll address that issues Fred is seeing I can't say.