From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Robert
Osfield
Sent: Friday, December 04, 2009 9:06 AM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] reading a Node file from a remote machine...

Hi Shayne,

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 3:57 PM, Tueller, Shayne R Civ USAF AFMC 519
SMXS/MXDEC <shayne.tuel...@hill.af.mil> wrote:
> Does osgDB::readNodeFile() provide any support for reading node files that
> reside on remote machines by using an IP address or equivalent? Could the
> Options object provide any support for doing this?

We have the libcurl based plugin for reading from http, is this what
you are after?  To load via the curl plugin just use the URL of your
file.  You can read paged database this way too, as well as take
advantage of a local FileCache.