I want to do something a little 'odd' and am not sure of the best way to do
this.
- assuming a 'large' number of (tri or quad) primitives in a primitiveset (say
100K-500K+) I want to hide ( not draw)  a user-defined subset of those
primitives.

- the user scenario is that the user selects a subset of primitives from the
full geometry then "hides" them. The user can also "Un-hide" any hidden
primitives at any time.

- I could laboriously keep multiple geometries but was wondering if it is
possible to override one of the drawing functions to "test" for membership in a
hidden set for each primitive. Obviously this would follow the slow path, Or
???. I have looked at the primitiveset drawing code but got lost in the
complexity of VBO vs displaylist vs slow path etc.

Thanks
Andrew