Hi,

you could try stopThreading() on the viewer. Also search the archives for this call.

jp

Job Mulder wrote:
Hi,

The situation: I have a Qt main event thread that handles normal user events, a
thread that calls the OSG 'frame' function continuously for all my open Qt-OSG
windows and OSG configured to use CullDrawThreadPerContext.

Everything is working very well, but when I close a window sometimes I get a
threading conflict, probably since a 'frame' call has been completed (I can and
do wait for this call to complete) but the actual rendering has not been
started or completed yet.

When I'm destroying the object I stop calling frame for the window, but I need
to know for sure that all previous frame renderings have completed since I need
to do some object cleanup and OSG does not like it if you start deleting
objects while it's trying to render them ;)

The question is if there's some value in the osgViewer::Viewer that I can use
safely to check if there is some rendering operation that has not been
completed yet.

Regards,
 Job Mulder

This message is subject to the CSIR's copyright terms and conditions, e-mail legal notice, and implemented Open Document Format (ODF) standard. The full disclaimer details can be found at http://www.csir.co.za/disclaimer.html.

This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner, and is believed to be clean. MailScanner thanks Transtec Computers for their support.