On 12/11/2009 8:53 AM, Dominic Stalder wrote:
> we use the skydome.osg of the OSG examples. Is it possible to make this
> one transparent, so that only the clouds are visible.
> We converted the skymap.jpg to a PNG file with a transparent alpha
> channel. Instead of a transparent skydome, it's just white where the
> transparent color is.
> Is it possible to make the skydome.osg transparent in the code and how?

  I think it should be possible. Did you actually set the state of the skydome
to include
transparency (simply adding an Alpha texture doesn't do it, if I recall). Also,
skydome is
often set to render FIRST in the scene, and transparent objects need to go into
the
transparent bin so they are Z-sorted and rendered last in the scene. In this
case, you
might want to have your skydome not sorted (a dome has no intersecting geometry
required this) and have it render right after whatever you use to define the sky
background color.

  See: StateSet::setRenderBinDetails (and possibly StateSet::setRenderingHint)