If the tree control you're referring to is like most 2D UI tree controls, then each "node" can have only one "parent". This is not the case in OSG, nodes can have multiple parents. So you'll need to figure out a way to represent this.

Paul Martz
Skew Matrix Software LLC
_http://www.skew-matrix.com_ <http://www.skew-matrix.com/>
+1 303 859 9466

Jason Bellone wrote:
Greetings,

I would like to create some qt-based scene edit components beginning with a
scenegraph explorer (a tree widget which lists the scenegraph objects). Can
anyone provide some advice for how to create a tree data model of an existing
scenegraph for use in a QTreeView?

P.S. I'm moving from OGRE and have been surprised that there is very little OSG
development for up-to-date qt-based scene editors and tools (like Ogitor or
Delta3d's stage). Perhaps I'm mistaken...but are there any out there (other
than those listed on the wiki)?

Very grateful for your hints and suggestions,

JB