Hi Laurence,

Thanks for your tutorial, it's always useful to document things so new users can get up and running as fast as possible.

Thanks also for your explanations for changes to make. Perhaps some can be made to the baseline so MinGW users won't have to manually patch things...

About this one:

(3) osgPlugin: curl
Including libcurl (include / lib) doesn't seem to be enough to build this project and will result in linking errors. It probably needs to link against libws2_32.a and libwinmm.a . I know how to link using a Makefile, but I got no clue on how to fix it in the CMake files...

libws2_32 was added already for the WIN32 case, if it's not being linked in it's probably because it's not included in the MINGW case... Search for that name in the CMakeLists.txt file in the src/osgPlugins/curl directory, and you should see where it's added. Then search other plugins for a MinGW specific path and that will tell you what to test for to know you're on MinGW, and in that case add the library to be linked against.

That should take care of that case. Once you've made the changes please submit the modified file to osg-submissions so others will benefit :-)

Thanks,

J-S