Hi Robert,

I am trying to implement a new ReadFileCallback.
This callback will check the available memory, knowing the maximum allowed du to JVM usage (c++ engine in Java application), and if there is not enough memory the callback will not load the file. I just ran some test to estimate the required memory space for each ive size. For big ive files, the memory used seems to be around 2*ive file size. For little files (<5Mo) this is very fluctuating ... there is not regularity (ratio from 1.8 to 5 ).

Do you have any idea of how to estimate better the required memory space ? (only ive files as input datas)

Thanks.

Regards,
  Vincent.

Robert Osfield a écrit :
Hi Vincent,

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 5:50 PM, Vincent Bourdier