Hello Ted,

thanks very much for any insights, suggestions, help--

Sending the same message three times won't get answers quicker...

I have never tried the code you're referring to, so other than suggest to trace into the code (or place breakpoints where the OSG view matrix is updated and in your update callback to make sure the sequence is correct) I can't really do much for you.

But if you want a camera manipulator to track a node, why don't you use the osgGA::NodeTrackerManipulator? I've used that in the past, and it works well in my experience (though you must track something that has a valid bounding sphere - we tried using it to track DOF nodes without children and we had to set an initial bound on those or it wouldn't track them correctly, because of culling). Also it has the advantage of being part of the core OSG, so you can get support for it and if it doesn't work someone will fix it whereas I think the NPS tutorials are pretty old and don't necessarily represent recent changes to the API and services that OSG provides.

Hope this helps,

J-S