On 2/10/2010 10:00 AM, Ehsan Azar wrote:
> Yes by VLC I meant "VLC media player". Right now you can select your "Output
> module" in VLC to be DirectX, OpenGL or "Scene filter" for example. So I
> thought that OSG seems to be a good choice as well.
> One scenario to interface VLC with OSG is having OSG as an "Output module".
> If there was such an option I could do a quick test on playing HD video in
> VLC, and maybe by writing a specialized "input stream" superimpose/mix some
> 2D/3D graph on top of the video :)
> This would be very useful for people who like mixing as well as virtual
> reality.
> You could be able to replay a stream of 3D objects along with a video inside
> VLC!

  I think this could definitely be done, but it would be non-trivial. You'd
need to get
into the guts of the VLC output module and cross-breed it with OSG's ffmpeg
plugin's
structure. It's an interesting application, and I'd be willing to work on such
a project
if you're looking for contract coders to do so. It sounds like you have an
aggressive and
ambitious program.