http://www.virtualworldsnews.com/2008/06/video-augmented.html

,Yann

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Le 15 févr. 2010 à 21:46, "Buckley, Bob CTR MDA/DES" <bob.buckley....@mda.m il> a écrit :

FYI,

Web Strategy by Jeremiah Owyang
Breakdown: Lego's "Digital Box", an Augmented Reality Kiosk
http://www.web-strategist.com/blog/2009/11/16/video-augmented-reality-at-lego-store-digital-box/

Metaio in Munich, Germany, developed the Digital Box.
They have their own SDK called The Unifeye
http://www.metaio.com/products/

This type of Alternate Reality is called Augmented Virtuality.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixed_reality

Blair MacIntyre, Associate Professor at Georgia Tech, is doing this type of work, but mostly on handhelds (i.e., Zune).

Horst Bischof, Professor at Graz University of Technology, is doing this type of real-time computer vision ... and then some!

They were both keynote speakers at last falls nVidia GPU Conference.
Important Trends in Visual Computing (General Session)
https://nvidiagtc.wingateweb.com/scheduler/schedule/eventDayView.jsp
Check out the video for a kewl real-time real world tire and a virtual rim with shading based on a real-time real world light source!!!!

Blair was also involved in www.ismar09.org

SmartScene - one of the 2 engineers (way early on) ended up going to work for Lego in Denmark.
He did VR research work for them at their Corporate Headquarters.
I don't know if that effort turned into a product or not.
He hasn't been with them for some time now.

Bob