Hi Akilan,

Recently I installed osg2.8.2. I compiled the sources (from .svn) successfully.
 But viewer is saying couldn't find plugin to read .png, tif of 3ds files even
if osgdb_freetype.dll is in path and created from compilation.
What needs to be done?

Why do you think osgdb_freetype.dll has anything to do with loading png, tif or 3ds files?

You need osgdb_png.dll, osgdb_tif.dll and osgdb_3ds.dll. The first two depend on third party libraries (libpng and libtiff respectively) so you'll need to either download the 3rdParty package for your compiler from openscenegraph.org or compile them yourself. But the third doesn't need any dependencies and should have been compiled when you compiled OSG. Check if it was part of the sources and project file, and that it can be found when running osgviewer.

If you want to debug plugin troubles you can set OSG_NOTIFY_LEVEL=DEBUG and you'll see messages on the console which will tell you which plugins osgviewer is looking for and where it's looking for them.

Hope this helps,

J-S