Hi Jordi

I did not know that a specific version of maven was required for Ubuntu.  I,
myself, use Ubuntu 9.0.4 and I can not upgrade to 9.10 because my graphics card
is not recognized by that version of Ubuntu, so if it is a requirement to use
Ubuntu 9.10 to run osgvp, I can not use your product.

Also, I am trying to get osgvp to run under Windows XP 32bit.  Do you have a
step by step installation guide for osgvp on Windows XP?

I need osgvp running on Ubuntu 9.0.4 as well as Windows XP as I will be
developing on Ubuntu and deploying a product on Windows XP and a current step
by step guide to install osgvp on to XP would be greatly appreciated.

I will check my maven version under ubuntu and let you know what version I am
using.  However, are you sure that the version of maven I am running is causing
my latest error under ubuntu?

Embedded error: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/allen/Desktop/osgvp-2.2.0-SNAPSHOT-src/build/scripts/depman-ant.xml:6:
The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/allen/Desktop/osgvp-2.2.0-SNAPSHOT-src/build/scripts/utilities.xml:30:
The <exec> type doesn't support the "osfamily" attribute.

My Windows XP error that I am getting is:
1. I installed maven 3.0 alpha 6
2. I installed python 2.6
3. I installed java jdk from sun
4. I installed Visual Studio (VS) 8
5. I installed CMake

C:\Documents and Settings\allen\Desktop\osgvp-2.2.0-SNAPSHOT-src>mvn install
-Dmaven.test.skip=true -DcompileTarget=vs8
-DuseBuildMan
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]   The project org.gvsig:osgvp:2.2.0-SNAPSHOT (C:\Documents and
Settings\allen\Desktop\osgvp-2.2.0-SNAPSHOT-src\p
om.xml) has 1 error
[ERROR]     Unresolveable build extension: Plugin
org.gvsig.maven.wagon:wagon-ftp:0.2 or one of its dependencies could n
ot be resolved: Missing:
----------
1) org.gvsig.maven.wagon:wagon-ftp:maven-plugin:0.2

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.gvsig.maven.wagon
-DartifactId=wagon-ftp -Dversion=0.2 -Dpackaging=maven-pl
ugin -Dfile=/path/to/file

  Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.gvsig.maven.wagon
-DartifactId=wagon-ftp -Dversion=0.2 -Dpackaging=maven-plug
in -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

----------
1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:
  org.gvsig.maven.wagon:wagon-ftp:maven-plugin:0.2

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2, releases=true, snapshots=false)
    -> [Help 2]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e
switch.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please
read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException
[ERROR] [Help 2]