Ok, i got the desired effect that I wanted, I just had to make one change.

On line 787 in Viewer.cpp (in function osgViewer::Viewer::eventTraversal())

I changed the code from:

Code:
_eventQueue->frame( getFrameStamp()->getReferenceTime() );

to:

Code:
_eventQueue->frame( getFrameStamp()->getSimulationTime() );

my output is now:

Code:
24.000000
25.000000
26.000000
27.000000
28.000000
29.000000
AnimatonPath completed in 30 seconds, completing 30 frames,
             average frame rate = 1

While I can get this working for me for now, I highly doubt changing core OSG
code is the way to go about this(well at least by myself)...

Although, this change *could* be correct since if we are using a simulated
time, then an animation path should be based on the simulated time. If the user
is not wanting to specify a simulated time, the default behavior is using the
USE_REFERENCE_TIME value as a simulated time, which is then caught in
osgViewer::Viewer::advance() as a special case and sets the SimulatedTime to
ReferenceTime.  So then calling SimulatedTime instead of getReferenceTime
shouldn't cause problems.  (Note that I am basing this off of no testing
whatsoever and am purely speculating)

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Nick[/code]