From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Simon
Hammett
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 3:43 PM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] freetype fonts on Windows...

On 23 February 2010 22:23, Tueller, Shayne R Civ USAF AFMC 519 SMXS/MXDEC
<shayne.tuel...@hill.af.mil> wrote:

        All,

        We're having some issues with the OSG freetype font plugin? We're
using VC++ 2008 on Windows and we're having trouble reading ttf files. We
get the message "could not find plugin to read objects from file arial.ttf".
The plugin is in the OSG solution but it doesn't seem to be getting
registered. The plugin appears to build fine and the dll resides in the
plugins directory.

        Can someone enlighten us on what we need to do to get the true type
font plugin to work?

Works fine for me. I don't think that osg does any magic about looking up a
plugin directory.

Is the plugin in an accessible place?

It needs to be in any one of:

The .exe directory,
a directory in the PATH environment var, or the current directory

Just look at the module load messages in the debug output window of VS to
see of the plugin is being loaded. If it is then either the font file is
buggered or your build of freetype is screwed up.

--
http://www.ssTk.co.uk