Hi Danny,

however I beleive that this problem happens beause of line 545
in operator()

     filename<<  _filename<<  "_"<<  context_id;

it will add context_id even if SetPolicy is set as OVERWRITE .

I beleive this is bug. Isn't it?

Ah, so the incrementing number was not indicating increasing numbers of images but increasing numbers of contexts. I can explain this, it is not a bug.

In this case, the WriteFile class was designed to do something sensible in all cases. In the case where your View has multiple slave cameras with multiple graphics contexts, then one screen capture will need to capture multiple contexts therefore have multiple osg::Images to write to file. You wouldn't want them to be written to the same file. That's why we automatically add the context ID in all cases, to prevent this possibility.

So the WriteFile class does something extra which you may not want, but it prevents errors in some cases.

In your case that's not what you wanted, but as you saw it's pretty easy to override WriteFile to do what you want. It was expected that the default WriteFile would be used in the default osgViewer but users would make their own version.

Now, I could have added controls in the WriteFile class to be able to make it do everything you might want, but I preferred to keep the class simple and make it easy for users to override it if they didn't like the behavior.

Hope that explains it.

J-S