Hi Adrian,

Since I don't have control over when things are rendered I guess it would be
easier to create a second camera which renders after the first one (setting the
ClearMask) and having my second scene for the second camera.

From what you describe, yes, that's exactly how you would do it.

RF (so it renders from the same position as your master camera with an identity
viewI'm a bit lost as how to do this though. Currently using 2.9.6 and the
default osgViewer. Anyone willing to lend me a helping hand?

You do it exactly how you've described it above... Create an osg::Camera, add your second scene as child of it, set its RenderOrder to POST_RENDER, its ClearMask to GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT and its ReferenceFrame to RELATIVE_ matrix) and add it as a child of your master camera.

Hope this helps,

J-S