Hi all -- Just a note to say that I'm planning to tag the 2.8.3 release late Wednesday 31 March.

I'm not seeing a lot of posts about 2.8.3 experiences, so if you've been using it, please post and let me know how it's working, good or bad. I am using it myself for many external projects, and have received offline emails about testing on various platforms. At this point I'm not aware of any show stoppers. If that continues to be the case, then I'll rename the rc2 tag as the final tag.

I'll try to put together a press release as time allows. If the authors of these modules could send me a summary of the changes that have gone into 2.8.3 (I took them from trunk-head), I'd appreciate it:
 * FBX plugin
 * ply plugin
 * ffmpeg plugin
 * 3ds plugin