Hi Nick,

The FFTSimulation class is responsible for creating both the noise
data and the surface amplitudes. It simply outputs a grid of vertices
which are then used by OceanTile to convert it into vertices. Assuming
you have used the same parameters calling setTime( float ) on
FFTSimulation will always result in the same amplitudes.

These amplitudes are precomputed into a set of frames. Default is 25.
The ocean is then animated by calling FFTOceanSurface::update(
unsigned frame, float dt, osg::Vec3f eye ), where frame updates the
current set of vertices for the tiles, float dt updates the position
of the noise textures and eye is used to test whether the mipmap
levels have changed due to eye position.

Hope that helps.

Kim.

The animation is controlled using the FFTOceanSurface::update function. I f