On 3/31/2010 9:33 AM, Robert Osfield wrote:
> static linking itself is something that we probably need to expand out
> tests for - the osgstaticviewer is the only example designed for
> static linking, and it only links with a couple of plugins.  We could
> potentially expand this to include more plugins for testing purposes.

  I concur. More and more people static link. I would like to see some work
done in the
CMake configuration so that when static link is selected,
known-problematic-license
plugins (plugins that lack or cannot abide the LGPL-static exemption) are
removed from the
build. This little-known issue has been responsible for several LGPL license
violations
during OSG's history and I'd like to help prevent innocent and unwitting
violations.