Hi Chris,

Chris Long wrote:
Hi,

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. Yes, that's definitely an
improvement. The demos now work better.
VIEW_DEPENDENT_WITH_ORTHOGRAPHIC_OVERLAY looks good. But with
VIEW_DEPENDENT_WITH_PERSPECTIVE_OVERLAY, the geometry that the
overlay is pasted onto still turns all black in the osganimate and
osgspheresegment demos.

Changing the zfar doesn't seem to matter; using getPoints instead of
computeSilhouette is what does it.

Unfortunately, it doesn't solve my underlying problem (yet), which is
needing to overlay geometry that's far apart. When I run my app with
this modification, the overlaid geometry shows up in view-dependent
mode (yay!), but it's still rendering all the overlaid geometry so
the quality of the overlaid texture degrades as the bounding box of
the overlayid geometry increases (boo!). I tried it both with
perspective and orthographic rendering.

I'm thinking now that maybe if I look more into computeSilhouette I
might be able to get it to do what I want. But if you (or someone
else) has any ideas about it or about other approaches, I'd love to
hear it.

Only other advice I have is to look at this discussion and patch:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.graphics.openscenegraph.cvs/4260

I'm not sure if this was ever integrated. I've not had success with VIEW_DEPENDENT_WITH_PERSPECTIVE_OVERLAY either, I also encounter some strange cases from some viewing angles, but I've just never had the time to investigate further...

rgds
jp

Thank you!

Cheers, Chris

------------------ Read this topic online here: http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=26302#26302

This message is subject to the CSIR's copyright terms and conditions, e-mail legal notice, and implemented Open Document Format (ODF) standard. The full disclaimer details can be found at http://www.csir.co.za/disclaimer.html.

This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner, and is believed to be clean. MailScanner thanks Transtec Computers for their support.