Hi Sukender,

my modified dds reader is able to skip reading high res mipmaps from the dds file. For the version you are using, I am guessing that your link errors might originate in compliling the static plugin lib with OSG_LIBRARY_STATIC defined. And/Or linking the plugin with the osg libs.
Mixing debug and release versions will also create confusing link errors.

Of course the USE_OSGPLUGIN(ext1) must be mirrored by a REGISTER_OSGPLUGIN(ext1,myReaderWriterExtention1)

Laurens.

Sukender wrote:
Hi Laurens,

This is what I mean. Glad to see it can work! But I have:
- A static lib
- No dllexport stuff
- Two USE_PLUGIN() in the main exe

And I have linker errors.
Any idea?

BTW, what your modified plugin does? I had problems with DDS (saw some
3rd-party apps read RGB as BGR and vice-versa).
Cheers,

Sukender

----- "Laurens Voerman" <l.voer...@rug.nl> a écrit :

Hi Sukender,
I'm very confused about Robert's reply, because it's working fine for

me. I am using a modified dds reader linked into my app, which takes precedence over any osgdb_dds.dll because it registers on startup. This can be done by simply adding the (modified) ReaderWriterDDS.cpp to the

project producing the executable, in this version there is no need for

USE_PLUGIN() - it will cause a link error.
If you compile the plugin into a static link lib, you need the USE_PLUGIN() and link to the lib.

This can work because the plugins I am using are not exporting any symbols, so there is no __declspec(dllexport) stuff in the way.

Laurens.

Robert Osfield wrote:
Hi Sukender,