Hi,

On 08/04/10 03:41, David Glenn wrote:

mgb_osg wrote:
Easiest way is probably just to write N jpegs named image000.jpg to
imageN.jpg and then use virtualdub to convert them into a movie in
whatever format you want.

Since I'm using Linux, I'm thinking of using somthing like ffmpeg
(that was segested to me) or something else. I'm not sure that
vertualdub has ben ported to Linux yet - I think not!

You can use mencoder to make jpegs/other images into a video. E.g.

mencoder mf://*.jpg -mf w=512:h=512:fps=30:type=jpg -ovc lavc -oac copy -o my.avi

Add other options as required.

rgds
jp

mgb_osg wrote:

Writing an MJPG movie, where each frame is just a jpeg, isn't much
harder.

Yea, I did something like that back in art school when I did my
animation project years ago!

The only thing I'm worrying about is that I'm not just thinking about
making 20 sec. of video. I'm sure that it will be tested to up to an
hour.

One of the things I have to worry about is the frame rate. I don't
need to go any more than 30/sec. for what I need it for. I have to
add a delay timer for the refresh rate.

Next I have to freeze the frame size to something like 740X480 for
standard NTSC format.

D Glenn

------------------------ D Glenn (a.k.a David Glenn) - Join the Navy
and See the World ... from your Desk!

------------------ Read this topic online here:

This message is subject to the CSIR's copyright terms and conditions, e-mail legal notice, and implemented Open Document Format (ODF) standard. The full disclaimer details can be found at http://www.csir.co.za/disclaimer.html.

This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner, and is believed to be clean. MailScanner thanks Transtec Computers for their support.