Suppose an application that is not free-running the draw loop (because the
data and view
is unchanging unless the mouse is actively interacting with it). There are many
PagedLOD
nodes, and the databasepager can insert newly-loaded data into the scenegraph.
However,
the main cull/draw loop doesn't know that new data is now available for
display, and
neglects to redraw to incorporate it.

  I was looking around because I thought I recalled a callback or something
that could be
intercepted to notify the application when DatabasePager::updateSceneGraph()
completed and
the new data had been added via addLoadedDataToSceneGraph(). I can't spot
anything there
though. Does anyone have any recommendations for how to detect this condition?

  I thought about just polling requiresUpdateSceneGraph() once per potential
frame, but
that's kind of crude. I could try to find a way to peek at the depth of the
_dataToMergeList->_requestList it examines, and see if the value is decreasing,
but that's
pretty wonky too. Is there a Right Way?

  Thanks in advance.