Hi Paul,

Good solution, using a configuration file. Do I assume correctly that
you have a configuration file per model?

Yes. It's optional, of course. If it's there, then it will apply its contents (shaders, textures, tangent space coords, now occlusion query nodes) on either the root of the model or a list of named nodes in the model. One config file can apply settings to many child nodes, so it could apply one shader to the root of the model, then a different one to a child.

Not very sophisticated, but it works well enough. The problem as you said becomes education, because lots of things are under user control. If people start putting a different shader on every node in all models then performance becomes really bad and they come to see me to ask why... ;-)

J-S