What's the preferred way to do this? I need to separate a shader into an H and V pass. I suppose I could double the scene in the graph, but since the first pass needs to be to a texture that wouldn't do it, would it.

So I suppose I need another camera with an FBO using the same scene - render to that with my H shader, then use that plus all the new FBO as the source for the final pass? That seems odd to me, since a lot of the objects might be partially obscured in the first pass. Do I need to use an interim texture/camera for each object?

Is there an example doing this? I understand it's a favorite way to do glows.

regards,

Bruce Wheaton