I have a workstation running FC10 and will try to reproduce the problem.
[/quote]
I'm just running 'osgviewer --window 100 100 1024 768 cow.osg' on my FC10
workstation but
can't see any problem with memory.

'top' is reporting
19965 uli       20   0  197m  25m  21m R 99.8  0.3   2:35.06 osgviewer

The VIRT, RES, SHR numbers have been rock-solid for the entire time.
[/quote]
What version have you compiled for tests? if you have checked out sources
recently from SVN then issue has been fixed not long ago (see previous posts).
Could you post the logs from configure? There should be one test that fails
because of incorrect -march setting in CFLAGS (so it seems).

The driver versions and cards are in my  first post of this thread.

Regards,
Pawel