Hi Hartwig,

Am 14.05.10 17:56, schrieb Hartwig Wiesmann:
> I just tried 2.9.6 and there the quit event is still initialized in the
> static variable initialization part. And I think there is no way around it
> (or only a bit tricky one) because this handler is also not associated with
> any window. And it can only be initialized once (so you have to use a flag
> indicating if you have initialized it or not).

Can you test with 2.8.3 or current trunk (Revision >= 11263)

Here are the relevant revisions for trunk (but they are aprt of 2.8.3,
too):
http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg/changeset/11207/OpenSceneGraph/trunk/src/osgViewer/GraphicsWindowCarbon.cpp
and
http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg/changeset/11263/OpenSceneGraph/trunk/src/osgViewer/GraphicsWindowCarbon.cpp

With theses changes, the quit-handler get installed only when a
graphicswindowcarbon is created, so this should be a fix for your problem.

cheers,
Stephan